Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Candy Corn Counting Game

I found an adorable Candy Corn Counting Game last week on Pinterest, but the link I had was just to the photo, and not the original post.  I had been unable to find the original post, but finally found it today.  This was, however, after recreating the printable and blogging about it.  I was going to take down my blog post, but instead decided to edit it and leave it up, as I made a slight change to my game board.  The original game is adorable and is available by clicking here.  


The reason I changed it is that I am working on number recognition with Super Tot and wanted him to be able to see the numbers.  They are covered by the candies on the original game, so I created a version with the numbers still showing.  My printable is available below.  
I printed mine off landscaped, then cut the page in half and mounted the two sides back to back onto orange construction paper.  

We used a single 12-sided die, but you could also use 2 standard 6-sided ones, as well.  In that case, you would allow the child to choose whether to throw one or two for each turn.  If the die lands on a number that still has a candy, your the child gets to eat the candy.  If the die lands on a number that already has the candy removed, their turn is skipped.  There are no winners with this game, as everyone gets their own treats!  Enjoy!


Linking to:


17 comments:

  1. I just featured this game today on my blog:

    http://www.oopseydaisyblog.com/2011/09/wednesdays-wowzers-almost-30.html

    Great idea!
    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! And I just bought some candy corn! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute idea! I have to go buy some candy corn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this-any way to eat Candy Corn is a favorite of mine :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic idea- I love fall! Thank you for sharing this on The Sunday Showcase!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, being able to eat the candy corn after the roll would be a huge hit!!!! :)

    Bern

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great game! My kids will love this. I think I'll need a gameboard too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We used this this week, I'll be linking to it on my blog! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for posting. My 5 and 3 year old played this game tonight and can't wait to play it again tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. THanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks cute and would be great for my kinder kiddos who are struggling with identifying numbers. However, I am unable to print it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you click on the link (not my photograph), it will take you to 4shared.com where you can download and print it. I just clicked the link and it worked fine. E-mail me at theprincessandthetot @ gmail (DOT) com if you are unable to download it, and I am happy to send you a direct link.

      Delete

Due to recent spam activity, I have turned word verification OFF and comment moderation ON.